Alumni Support of the Libraries
Support from UCI alumni ensures that knowledge and discovery continue to advance our students and our university to even greater success!
We sincerely appreciate the support of our alumni as it reflects both their understanding of the fundamental role the Libraries play in the lives of our students, and the importance of giving back and impacting the growing academic reputation of their alma mater. As the primary intellectual resource for the campus, the Libraries help fulfill UCI's commitment to excellence, to remain competitive with peer institutions, and to attract the very best faculty and students.
Support and involvement from young alumni is especially meaningful as they make up a large percentage of all undergraduate UCI alumni and are key to the strength and ongoing excellence of the Libraries.
Support from UCI alumni helps the Libraries:
- Acquire new book titles and electronic resources
- Renovate study spaces such as the recent enhancements to Langson Library and Gateway Study Center
- Underwrite the Libraries' annual Student Employee Appreciation Picnic
- Extend the hours of library buildings to accommodate more late night study
- Host special events that bring alumni and the community together for educational enrichment and enjoyment
Give Online Now! Every gift, small or large, to the Partners of the UCI Libraries or The Library Endowment matters! The percentage of alumni giving is a key factor in the university's reputation, therefore, it's not how much you give, but the fact that you choose to give that makes a difference. Thank you!